Fusion Energi Specs
The Ford Fusion Energi has been designed from the very start to be efficient. The 2013 Ford Fusion is a complete redesign of the previous Fusion model.
The Fusion Energi combines a high voltage battery with an electric motor and a gasoline engine. The lithium-ion battery pack provides enough power to operate in pure electric mode for short commutes, and thanks to the plug-in capability of the Fusion Energi, you can plug-in the vehicle to a standard 120 volt outlet to recharge the battery pack overnight. Or, with a 240-volt upgraded electric vehicle supply equipment charger, you can charge the battery in just a few hours.
The Fusion Energi uses regenerative brakes while slowing the vehicle down to help capture kinetic energy and store it in the battery pack for later use.
The new 2013 Fusion Energi has a body that is 10% stronger than the last Fusion thanks to high strength steels.
Fusion Energi Features
- both front seats have knee airbags
- adaptive front airbags vent and tether to conform to a specific occupant’s size, position, and seat belt usage
- active noise control uses the audio system to cancel out road noise
- with the MyFord mobile app, drivers can use their smartphone to
– monitor battery state of charge and current range
– preheat or precool the Fusion Energi
– plan start-and-stop routes and locate charging stations with MapQuest
– easily schedule off-peak charging hours
- AdvanceTrac electronic stability control
- tire pressure monitoring system
Fusion Energi Specs
- 2.0 liter Atkinson cycle 4 cylinder gasoline engine rated at 141hp
- AC synchronous permanent magnet electric motor
- lithium-ion high voltage battery pack
- 5 passenger seating capacity
- electric power steering
- four wheel disc brakes
- curb weight: 3,913 lbs
- anticipated to deliver over 100MPGe
For a full list of specs, view the 2013 Fusion Energi Specs.
The Fusion Energi will be manufactured in Chihuahua, Mexico, and assembled in Hermosillo, Mexico.