Ford Fusion Energi Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Charge Fault
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:28 am 

I have had my 2015 Fusion Energi into dealer twice in two months for a charge fault. First, some re programming and then replaced a wiring harness. Immediately, before leaving dealer's lot another charge fault. Dealer seems unfamiliar with Energi and says they need to get Ford Engineers involved.

Paid an electrician to check my garage wiring and everything was fine; dedicated circuit, properly wired to code and proper output. Since last charge fault was at the dealership, I assume nothing wrong with my electric line.

I use My Ford Mobile text messages and Ford's mechanic seem totally unfamiliar with that. Shouldn't have be something Ford teaches a certified Energi technician.

Does anyone know how to get directly in touch with Ford engineers? I have had the car for 8 months and charge fault beginning of August and late September. Now, not able to use the plug in. Very discouraged.

Wonder what help I can give the dealer? I am switching to another Ford dealer in Elk Grove and have an appointment for Oct 14th. Hoping new mechanic can bring satisfactory resolution. I do think it is important for a buyer to go to a dealer that sells and services plenty of plug in Hybrids. I have seen on a Forum that the C Max Plug in has had its share of charge faults.

Any similar experiences to share and how to get in touch with Ford Engineers to discuss or register this problem?

I think it is likely more of a software problem than a hardware problem, but how does that get fixed?

Elk Grove, CA