Ford Fusion Energi Forum

It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fusion Energi drivetrain question
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:11 pm 

Is the Energi going to have only an electric motor (with a gas driven range extender) or is it a parallel drivetrain?

Post subject: Re: Fusion Energi drivetrain question
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:34 am 

From powerplants that enhance efficiency to an aerodynamic design and seating that utilizes recycled material, the 2013 Ford Fusion is designed to be environmentally conscious. The Fusion Hybrid and the Fusion Energi are each powered by a combination high-voltage electric motor and 2.0L Atkinson-cycle I-4 gasoline engine. A 1.6L I-4 EcoBoost® engine is designed to be fuel-efficient without compromising on power. There's also the available Auto Start-Stop that shuts the engine down when you come to a stop and seamlessly restarts it when you release the brake. Very smart. Just like the 2013 Ford Fusion.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:33 pm 

The Ford Fusion Energi will have the same drivetrain as the Fusion Hybrid, which is an electric motor drivetrain. The big difference between the Energi and the Fusion Hybrid is you can plug in the Energi to charge the batteries.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:37 pm 

I was actually just researching this question, and I finally found the answer. Here is the word of word on the matter:

The new Fusion Hybrid and the Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid powertrain uses an electronically controlled continuously variable transmission (eCVT). It is engineered, designed and produced in-house by Ford in an all-new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. The eCVT combines power from the engine and electric motor to deliver power to the wheels when you command it.

And here is the definition of an electronic variable transmission at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmission_(mechanics)#Electric_variable.

Basically, it has one drive train (the same kind as normal cars). The difference is in the transmission. There is an electric motor attached directly into the transmission along with the gasoline motor and the way the two are integrated is through the load-sharing capability of the electronically controlled variable transmission.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:38 pm 

Oops. I guess I should have researched that a little better before assuming how the drivetrain worked on the Fusion Energi. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:06 am 

The load-sharing transmission is an interesting feature for the Fusion Energi. I would be interested to see more cars that are electric only with a gas generator for range extension.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:50 am 

The Ford Fusion Energi will have the same drivetrain as the Fusion Hybrid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:51 pm 

Fusion Energi Forum presents vital stats of Ford Fusion Energi.

Engine: 2.0-liter Atkinson-cycle fourcylinder
gasoline engine
Seating capacity: Five
Production location: Hermosillo, Mexico

Cut down your exam pass4sure.co.uk by using our latest 350-018 exam and high quality hodges.edu and testking usuhsmil demos.