Ford Fusion Energi Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fusion Energi is in production
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:53 am 

I ran all 4 of the Fusion Energi SE cars that were ordered by Central Texas Ford dealers for their lots and all 4 have been built in the last 7 days... So yea. Hopefully they get here in 3-4 weeks.

No Titanium's yet. :(

Post subject: Re: Fusion Energi is in production
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:29 am 

That's too bad, because the Titanium Fusion Energis really look a full head and shoulders better than than the regular model--at least inside. And since they're only about $3000 more... I wonder how many people will spend the extra $3000.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:27 pm 

It will be fun when we can see the Ford Fusion Energi actually driving around town. I wonder how many of the Fusion Energis they manufactured / are manufacturing for the 2013 model year?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:14 pm 

Ford is reporting that some Ford Fusion Energi vehicles were sold last month, yet no one on the Forum seems to have one! Who got all the ones sold last month?!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:56 am 

zackreynolds wrote:
That's too bad, because the Titanium Fusion Energis really look a full head and shoulders better than than the regular model--at least inside. And since they're only about $3000 more... I wonder how many people will spend the extra $3000.

I'm not sure many will but you are definitely right Titanium Fusion Energi is well worth it...

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:58 pm 

I think the April numbers showed only about 800 Energis sold. That's no record on it's own but factor in the overall Hybrid sales then Ford has had a record month.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:28 am 

47Minutes wrote:
I think the April numbers showed only about 800 Energis sold. That's no record on it's own but factor in the overall Hybrid sales then Ford has had a record month.

As I thought people are still buying the Hybrid even though the Fusion is clearly better. I don't understand why?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:44 pm 

cosby wrote:
47Minutes wrote:

As I thought people are still buying the Hybrid even though the Fusion is clearly better. I don't understand why?

It's because of the, I'm 100% positive.

they hear hybrid and that's it. It's probably the car sellers too, they like buzzwords.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:13 pm 

That's probably true - to both. But, you know, it's probably also some level of the customer weighing pros and cons. The Fusion Energi is pretty amazing, but most people I talk to are thinking of the Ford Fusion Energi and comparing it to the Chevy Volt - which is cheaper.

When it comes to nickle-and-diming, maybe going with the hybrid is an easier pill to swallow.

Still, it's a shame.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:11 am 

StanTheMan wrote:
That's probably true - to both. But, you know, it's probably also some level of the customer weighing pros and cons. The Fusion Energi is pretty amazing, but most people I talk to are thinking of the Ford Fusion Energi and comparing it to the Chevy Volt - which is cheaper.

When it comes to nickle-and-diming, maybe going with the hybrid is an easier pill to swallow.

Still, it's a shame.

Definitely a shame, people still don't realize that they are voting with money. Everybody is against global warming but nobody is willing to invest their own money for an EV car that reduces the CO2 footprint.