Ford Fusion Energi Forum

It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Titanium leather seating vs SE leather seating
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:41 pm 

Looking at the gallery pictures it seems the titanium has different seat stitching than the SE with leather. Is this true?

The SE has the horizontal striped stitching vs the titanium appears to have more sporty shape. The literature for the titanium mentions sport seats.

The dealers near me did not have any titaniums to look at even in the non hybrid, non energi variety so I just took it on faith that they will be different when I ordered mine.

Post subject: Re: Titanium leather seating vs SE leather seating
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:20 am 

Are you ordering a Fusion Energi with titanium leather seating?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:48 am 

Yes. I gave the dealer a deposit. The process is actually quite opaque. My "receipt" is my cashed check. There was no additional documentation given to me. I plan to follow up with the dealer in two weeks. Is this normal?

Besides the titanium features, I ordered ruby red and a moonroof for additional cost. I was disappointed at the lack of wheel choices!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:10 pm 

Congrats on taking the plunge and ordering a Fusion Energi!

I remember reading somewhere that the lack of wheel choice was because they are high-efficiency or low air-disturbance wheels.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:33 pm 

Thank you! Im excited. I drove a few different cars and arrived at the fusion being the best all around.

Other cars I drove:
Lexus ES300h
Kia Optima hybrid
Honda Accord V6 (No plugins available but I wanted to get a feel).

The lexus was uninspiring and its hybrid felt very weak. It relied on the gas engine more than the fusion. Very nice interior and luxurious. There was a fairly loud whine as the regenerative braking system worked.
The kia was cheap inside. The controls felt too plastic and the AC display reminded me of cars from the 90s. Rear lit LCD monochrome. At low speeds the drive was a bit jerky as the hybrid and gas motor worked with each other. This car shined on the freeway and around corners. It was the best handling and quietest of the bunch! Even more so than the lexus.
Honda Accord was well put together but I was uninspired. It had the most wind noise on the freeway. It also had this dual LCD display setup that seemed odd. The radio LCD was not very clear. The backup camera and nav LCD was fine, but it felt like an after thought in the dash.
The fusion had the best hybrid drive experience. The electric motor was the most powerful and I really enjoyed the driving experience. The handling was second to the kia and way better than the honda and lexus. The LCDs flanking the spedometer had surprisingly good resolution. The information about the hybrid system was the most satisfying of the 3 I drove. Im excited about the mytouch setup and the mytouch app for controlling charge times. PG&E has TOU billing that will make this very handy. There is more I can gush about, but time to get back to work.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:33 pm 

rcolline wrote:
Looking at the gallery pictures it seems the titanium has different seat stitching than the SE with leather. Is this true?

The SE has the horizontal striped stitching vs the titanium appears to have more sporty shape. The literature for the titanium mentions sport seats.

The dealers near me did not have any titaniums to look at even in the non hybrid, non energi variety so I just took it on faith that they will be different when I ordered mine.

The titanium acutally has the "titanium leather package" with perforated leather and more sport shape. it has totally different stitching than the SE. The SE has the non perforated leather. I have checked them out myself.
will stick with the tatanium because of non perforated leather will be too hot for me here in Souhtern California.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:02 pm 

rcolline wrote:
Thank you! Im excited. I drove a few different cars and arrived at the fusion being the best all around.

Other cars I drove:
Lexus ES300h
Kia Optima hybrid
Honda Accord V6 (No plugins available but I wanted to get a feel).

The lexus was uninspiring and its hybrid felt very weak. It relied on the gas engine more than the fusion. Very nice interior and luxurious. There was a fairly loud whine as the regenerative braking system worked.
The kia was cheap inside. The controls felt too plastic and the AC display reminded me of cars from the 90s. Rear lit LCD monochrome. At low speeds the drive was a bit jerky as the hybrid and gas motor worked with each other. This car shined on the freeway and around corners. It was the best handling and quietest of the bunch! Even more so than the lexus.
Honda Accord was well put together but I was uninspired. It had the most wind noise on the freeway. It also had this dual LCD display setup that seemed odd. The radio LCD was not very clear. The backup camera and nav LCD was fine, but it felt like an after thought in the dash.
The fusion had the best hybrid drive experience. The electric motor was the most powerful and I really enjoyed the driving experience. The handling was second to the kia and way better than the honda and lexus. The LCDs flanking the spedometer had surprisingly good resolution. The information about the hybrid system was the most satisfying of the 3 I drove. Im excited about the mytouch setup and the mytouch app for controlling charge times. PG&E has TOU billing that will make this very handy. There is more I can gush about, but time to get back to work.

You definitely made the right choice in my opinion (otherwise I wouldn't eve be here obviously), from my experience driving a Fusion is definitely an experience to take notice of...

The only car from youu list that could compete with the Energi is Lexus(which I have driven), and I don't quite see your uninspiring argument but I can definitely see why you chose Fusion Energi over him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:34 pm 

I like the Titanium leather seats better.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:15 am 

Titanium leather seats are definitely the way to go if you can afford them. I've not regretted getting them to this day.