Ford Fusion Energi Forum

It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2013 Ford Fusion Energi price starts at $39,495
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:49 am 

I guess that's Ok for a car like Fusion Energi.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:48 pm 

I don't understand, I mean doesn't Fusion ENergi qualify for the government $7500 grant for electric vehicles. Some PHEVs like Mitsubishi Outlander is subsidized so why isn't Ford Fusion?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:15 pm 

cosby wrote:
I don't understand, I mean doesn't Fusion ENergi qualify for the government $7500 grant for electric vehicles. Some PHEVs like Mitsubishi Outlander is subsidized so why isn't Ford Fusion?

The Tax credit is based upon battery capacity. The 7.5kWh battery in the Engeri only qualifies for $3750 of the available tax incentive.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:29 pm 

47Minutes wrote:
cosby wrote:

The Tax credit is based upon battery capacity. The 7.5kWh battery in the Engeri only qualifies for $3750 of the available tax incentive.

Hi, I was curious about your signature. Are you a Fusion Energi dealer or involved with it some how?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:12 am 

zac wrote:
47Minutes wrote:
cosby wrote:

Hi, I was curious about your signature. Are you a Fusion Energi dealer or involved with it some how?

I am just a proud Fusion Energi owner that won his car through a contest related to Ford's Random Acts of Fusion marketing promotion that they were doing back in Oct/Nov 2012.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:55 am 

47Minutes wrote:
cosby wrote:

Oh well that explains it. thx.

well it' still a great price for the Fusion Energi, just the savings on gas alone make the car worthwhile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:00 am 

There is savings to be had for sure. For me, because of my almost 50 mile round trip commute, it was going to take me about 6.5 years to recoup the difference between the Energi Ti and the Hybrid Ti. If I can plug in at work that should drop to about 4 or 4.5 years.

I didn't go in for the Energi solely for gas savings. I had a 2010 FFH getting 42+MPG so the new Hybrid would have been a nice improvement. I mainly went for the Energi because of having won the contest and wanting to take full advantage of the prize value I was given since that is sort of a once in a lifetime opportunity.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:51 am 

47Minutes wrote:
There is savings to be had for sure. For me, because of my almost 50 mile round trip commute, it was going to take me about 6.5 years to recoup the difference between the Energi Ti and the Hybrid Ti. If I can plug in at work that should drop to about 4 or 4.5 years.

I didn't go in for the Energi solely for gas savings. I had a 2010 FFH getting 42+MPG so the new Hybrid would have been a nice improvement. I mainly went for the Energi because of having won the contest and wanting to take full advantage of the prize value I was given since that is sort of a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Did you perhaps ask about battery life?

Cause I heard that Tesla predicts 10 years for their batteries and they have one of the best ones on the market so I'm wondering how much would a change in that department cost?(I'm sure it's more then 10k)

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:55 pm 

I have not looked into battery replacement costs. The battery, and other hybrid/EV components, are warranted for 8yrs/100,000 miles. So that will cover any failures but not normal battery degradation.

I think the landscape will change dramatically in the next 6-8 years that there could be affordable or at least reasonable battery replacement options in that time. Maybe even 3rd party options that will help regulate the costs of OEM products.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:47 pm 

47Minutes wrote:
I have not looked into battery replacement costs. The battery, and other hybrid/EV components, are warranted for 8yrs/100,000 miles. So that will cover any failures but not normal battery degradation.

I think the landscape will change dramatically in the next 6-8 years that there could be affordable or at least reasonable battery replacement options in that time. Maybe even 3rd party options that will help regulate the costs of OEM products.

The battery technology really is advancing at an unbelievable speed, so you are right about the change that is going to happen.