Ford Fusion Energi Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Purchased one off the showroom floor last week
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:00 pm 

I visited a local dealer last Saturday in order to purchase the hybrid but ended up purchasing the Energi with the Titanium package and all the options, that they had just received they day before. Qualified dealerships are supposed to have an Energi on hand to allow potential customers to test drive before ordering, but that didn't stop them from selling their only one.

So far, I love this car. I got over 300 miles on it and I'm just above 1/2 a tank.

Post subject: Re: Purchased one off the showroom floor last week
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:45 pm 

Congratulations! I'm excited that you were able to get the titanium already. This means the factory is tooled and able to make this model. My fear was that my order would take a long time as the factory was not yet ready to make them.

Thank you for helping me be even more excited for mine to show up!

What are your favorite things about it so far?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:30 pm 

rcolline wrote:
What are your favorite things about it so far?

Rcolline, I'm glad that my post was able to put you at ease about your order. What I love the most is not having to spend money on gas. I now have about 390 miles on it and have used half a tank. Other things I like are the leather and interior and how quiet it is even when the engine is running. Also the smooth ride and crisp handling. I also signed up for the "My Ford Mobile" system and downloaded the app for my iPhone. Among other things, it allows me to schedule what time at night for charging to occur so I can get electricity when it is cheapest. The car is also a head turner. It gets lots of looks and people have asked me what it is are surprised when I tell them that it's a plug-in hybrid.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:22 am 

@Fenergi, if you don't mind sharing, what convinced you to make the upgrade from the Fusion Hybrid to the Fusion Energi Titanium? It's a substantial price increase, so just curious. The dealer must have known what the Energi was and how to explain its features!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:14 am 

bostonev wrote:
@Fenergi, if you don't mind sharing, what convinced you to make the upgrade from the Fusion Hybrid to the Fusion Energi Titanium? It's a substantial price increase, so just curious. The dealer must have known what the Energi was and how to explain its features!

Bostonev, I don't mind sharing at all. I am starting a new job in April that will require that I commute about 80 miles per day roughly 4 days a week. I owned the vehicle that I had but it gets lousy gas mileages, so I knew I would be spending money on fuel, so why not spend it on a car payment for a car that gets great mileage?

I quickly landed on the Fusion as the car I wanted, and then I did a cost analysis in Excel comparing the Ecoboost, the Hybrid and the Energi to see what my annual cost would be, given the amount of miles I would be driving. When I factored in insurance, fuel cost and amount financed, the annual cost for each vehicle was basically identical. I decided on the hybrid because I wanted a smaller down payment and I liked the 47/47/47 avg. mileage numbers. I went to the dealer to test drive, negotiate a price, and order one with the options that wanted.

When I showed up at the dealership, they had just received an Energi Titanium with all the bells and whistles (supposedly the first one delivered to California). I liked it but not enough to pay the dealer's asking price (well above MSRP), so just for the heck of it, I made an offer well below MSRP, and they accepted it.

I think what ultimately sold me on the car (besides getting it for a great price) was the fact that I had a chance to actually see it and drive it. That, and the MPGe numbers.

So far, I love this car. The only downside is the trunk size, but I'm willing to sacrifice that for the amazing mileage I'm getting. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:13 am 

Congrats on the purchase of the Titanium. That's exactly the one I would buy. Trunk space is the key factor that might prevent me from buying one. Can you fit a set(s) of golf clubs in there?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:09 am 

johnsonalex wrote:
Congrats on the purchase of the Titanium. That's exactly the one I would buy. Trunk space is the key factor that might prevent me from buying one. Can you fit a set(s) of golf clubs in there?

I think so but I haven't tried yet. I don't play golf often but I do have a set, so will give it a try today and post the outcome.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:02 am 

johnsonalex wrote:

My clubs fit with no problem in the trunk as long as I remove the drivers and set them in at a diagonal on top. I think that you could fit 2 bags in the trunk in this manner. The width of the trunk where the bag and irons rest it 44" across.

As an alternative, the back seats flip down to create a flat area and the clubs fit in this space with no problem.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:06 am 

Thanks for all the info Fenergi, very nice of you to share it with us.

I was just wondering if you still have that excel sheet in which you compared the Ecoboost, the Hybrid and the Fusion Energi and if you could maybe paste it here?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:45 am 

Thanks for the golf club pics. This is incredibly helpful! I literally think you just sold me an energi fusion.