Ford Fusion Energi Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Ordering experience
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:33 am 

Fusion Energi Titanium - Platinum White with most of the options.

Here's the vehicle confirmation report... http://db.tt/TKiIl6KR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:09 pm 

Same report as I got with different options and colors of course :) I noticed no spoiler delete. I also opted to keep the spoiler.

So I just got this email from the sales manager regarding my order:

"Just got an update from our factory rep. Your order has been submitted to plant for build and last 8 VIN (vehicle identification number) is DR325790."

Anyone know how long I might be waiting?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:47 pm 

rcolline wrote:

I've seen some getting theirs about 2 weeks after build date. I've seen some sitting under the Mexican sun for two weeks just waiting to placed on a rail car. Here's to hoping you see yours before May!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:54 am 

47Minutes wrote:
rcolline wrote:

I've seen some getting theirs about 2 weeks after build date. I've seen some sitting under the Mexican sun for two weeks just waiting to placed on a rail car. Here's to hoping you see yours before May!

It's incredible how the business of selling cars has improved...I remember buying my first unused car(straight from the factory) it was a Volkswagen Passat and I had to wait seven months, now If you are waiting more then three weeks it means something went wrong.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:16 pm 

Quote:

It's incredible how the business of selling cars has improved...I remember buying my first unused car(straight from the factory) it was a Volkswagen Passat and I had to wait seven months, now If you are waiting more then three weeks it means something went wrong.[/quote]

I never really thought about it this way but now that you mention it you are definitely right, they really have gone far in the automatization of the process and reducing the time a car stays on the sales floor.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:13 pm 

47Minutes wrote:
rcolline wrote:

Well, the line for getting a Fusion Energi is pretty long. So you might have to wait even longer.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:56 am 

rob wrote:
47Minutes wrote:
rcolline wrote:

Well, the line for getting a Fusion Energi is pretty long. So you might have to wait even longer.

It doesn't really matter that much because now you get the car straight from the production line, but you are right about the car being vary popular and that might slow the ordering process a little bit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:43 pm 

yeah the streamlining process in the car industry is on a whole different level than other industries - probably due to the high cost and production number of vehicles that are being manufactured daily.

I visited a new factory while I was in slovakia and the precision and speed they were making the cars just blew me away.