Ford Fusion Energi Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ordering experience
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:39 pm 

Hey Everyone,

For those that have ordered a new energi or hybrid, I am curious about your experience. For me, ordering felt very disconnected:

I let them know I was ready to buy.
The sales manager asked me for my exact wishes for options.
He comes back with a print out that lists out my options. He asks me to look it over. The printout is the same as "Build and Price" on ford.com.
I agree he has it right.
He asks for a 500$ deposit check. He says when the check is cashed that is my receipt.
I received no other paperwork. He said he would call me in 2 weeks with an update.

How have other's experiences compared?

Post subject: Re: Ordering experience
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:42 am 

Do you know if the dealership you went to was EV certified?

Sounds to me like the dealer didn't know anything and doesn't even know if they will be allocated any Fusion Energis so all he could do was give you a receipt for the check?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:26 pm 

I believe they are EV certified as they had an SE energi in stock when I went to drive one. So I figured out what happened after calling them.

The sales manager did not enter the order into their backend system. Without a signed copy of the proposed order with my configuration, my order was stalled. When I called him, he said "OH!, Im glad you called, I forgot to have you sign the order form". They emailed a scanned copy which I signed and returned.

Now, I actually have a printed (looks like they still use text terminals in their backend) copy of the order with the Xplan pricing that matches my order expectations.

He said in about 2 weeks, he should email confirming that Ford accepted the order and that my vehicle is scheduled.

I am glad I called them! I will call them in 2 weeks if I hear nothing.

Thanks for the response back.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:23 am 

Thanks for posting your experience - I had a similar story given to me when I tried to reserve a Fusion Energi at my local Ford dealership. It seemed fishy to me so I didn't but decided instead to have them call me when one was in their dealership which they said would be in a couple weeks.

Glad to be part of the Fusion Energi forum - thanks so much for sharing!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:30 pm 

I just received an email today saying my order was in the system and confirmed. The next step is getting a projected date. After that I will get the actual VIN number. So progress.

They proactively contacted me which was a bonus. I wanted to make sure I got the titanium with sunroof, spoiler and ruby red but was not interested in BLIS, self park or adaptive cruise control. I think the dealer gets a car with my specific wishes is like rolling double-sixes twice in a row :)

For the less picky among us, it seems the energis are showing up at dealers now. I can appreciate wanting to get one right away vs waiting 2 months.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:46 pm 

FWIW, your experience sounds much like mine. I ordered a Titanium in late February. Once they got the "DORA", they emailed it to me as confirmation the order was in the system. The latest DORA they received on 3/19 indicated my vehicle was at "Priority 1", which they say is the highest priority level and means it should be getting built soon. I'm told there may be a web site I will be able to log in to and track the build progress once the VIN is issued. Although, he wasn't 100% sure about that. My dealer hasn't received the Energi's they ordered for their stock yet, so I think they are waiting to see how it works the same as I am.

I'm told the Energi's may be getting built from a new plant Ford just brought online in Michigan, rather than where the rest of the Fusion's are built in Mexico. (Can anyone confirm if this is the case?) If so, that will work out well for me since I live in Ohio.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:30 pm 

Well, Ford is appointing certified dealers for Fusion Energi. I reckon your dealer wasn't certified hence you had to face such problems.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:25 am 

fodderoh wrote:
I'm told the Energi's may be getting built from a new plant Ford just brought online in Michigan, rather than where the rest of the Fusion's are built in Mexico. (Can anyone confirm if this is the case?) If so, that will work out well for me since I live in Ohio.

For the 2013MY all Fusions are being assembled in Hermosillo Mexico. The Flat Rock, MI plant isn't due to be online until later this year. There is debate about whether all or certain models of Fusions will move to Flat Rock. Some think Flat Rock will start with Lincoln (MKZ).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:56 am 

I got mine on order last night. Similar experience, picked out options, colors, etc then was shown a printout "Vehicle Order Confirmation" that I initialed then paid their $2k deposit. Left with nothing but a $2k gap in my wallet and the hopes that I will soon have a car.

Now the wait begins! :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:09 am 

Sounds like you had a good experience. I did not get the "Vehicle Order Confirmation" until 2 weeks after I went into the dealer and I had to bug them to get it.

2000$ for deposit. I only paid $500. Its interesting this is dealer specific I guess.

Thanks for sharing! Also if you do not mind, what did you end up ordering?