Ford Fusion Energi Forum

It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2013 Ford Fusion Energi price starts at $39,495
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:05 am 

Ford has announced the pricing details for the new 2013 Fusion Energi, which will hit dealerships in early 2013.
The 2013 Ford Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid is projected to get 100-plus MPGe.
The 2013 Fusion Energi SE trim will be priced at $39,495 while the Fusion Energi Titanium will cost $40,995. No word on tax credits but expect it to be around $4,000.

Post subject: Re: 2013 Ford Fusion Energi price starts at $39,495
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:11 am 

rob wrote:
Ford has announced the pricing details for the new 2013 Fusion Energi, which will hit dealerships in early 2013.
The 2013 Ford Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid is projected to get 100-plus MPGe.
The 2013 Fusion Energi SE trim will be priced at $39,495 while the Fusion Energi Titanium will cost $40,995. No word on tax credits but expect it to be around $4,000.

So once you add the tax its about $43000-45000$. I guess that's Ok for a car like Fusion Energi. Its one of a kind and it has the right to be costly!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:10 pm 

Hey when you stop and consder that one of the reasons you are buying the Ford Fusion Energi is because it will save you tons of money at the pump (estimated 100 mpg from some things i have read) then the cost winds up being a lot more bearable for this reason. I am actually surprised you can get this car for under fifty grand.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:53 pm 

DaBiss wrote:
Hey when you stop and consder that one of the reasons you are buying the Ford Fusion Energi is because it will save you tons of money at the pump (estimated 100 mpg from some things i have read) then the cost winds up being a lot more bearable for this reason. I am actually surprised you can get this car for under fifty grand.

I agree with you. It's not much to ask for a car like Fusion Energi. Besides it's the greenest car of the year!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:28 am 

I can't believe that too many Fusion Energi will be sold, considering the premium that Ford is exacting. Don't get me wrong: I really like the Fusion Energi, and would like to own one, but the claim is that it has the same drive train as the C-Max Energi, yet with C-Max, the differential between the pure hybrid and the Energi is about $7700. With the Fusion, the differential is about $12,700. That means that Ford is expecting consumers to pony up an extra $5000 to get the Energi version of the Fusion as compared to their other Energi model. That is kind of hard to swallow.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:44 am 

The car quality makes it worth expensive. But that is totally great. The selling price is still friendly and fair. How about in driving it? We can see Speed bump on the road and find it annoying. The truth is it has a shocking use that might be helping physician in diagnosing severe appendicitis.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

Aitras wrote:
The car quality makes it worth expensive. But that is totally great. The selling price is still friendly and fair. How about in driving it? We can see Speed bump on the road and find it annoying. The truth is it has a shocking use that might be helping physician in diagnosing severe appendicitis.

Ummm - that was so random I don't even know what you mean :lol: but welcome to the Fusion Energi Forum!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:31 pm 

scr wrote:
I can't believe that too many Fusion Energi will be sold, considering the premium that Ford is exacting. Don't get me wrong: I really like the Fusion Energi, and would like to own one, but the claim is that it has the same drive train as the C-Max Energi, yet with C-Max, the differential between the pure hybrid and the Energi is about $7700. With the Fusion, the differential is about $12,700. That means that Ford is expecting consumers to pony up an extra $5000 to get the Energi version of the Fusion as compared to their other Energi model. That is kind of hard to swallow.

Good point! When compared tot he premium for the C-max Energi, it seems a little ridiculous the price point is so far apart between the Fusion Hybrid and Fusion Energi. I have a sneaking suspiscion that the Fusion Energi will have some surprises - perhaps extras like leather and premium audio, or maybe even a larger battery pack than the C-max Energi? There has to be some good reason Ford has chosen such a price difference... doesn't there?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:32 pm 

My guess is that the reason the price difference is less between the C-Max Energi and the C-Max Hybrid is that the C-Max Energi is subsidized, and the Fusion Energi price-uplift actually represents the real cost of the extra battery capacity. But, just a guess...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:41 pm 

rprobst wrote:
My guess is that the reason the price difference is less between the C-Max Energi and the C-Max Hybrid is that the C-Max Energi is subsidized, and the Fusion Energi price-uplift actually represents the real cost of the extra battery capacity. But, just a guess...

What do you mean the C-max Energi is subsidized? By who, just internally by Ford, or did I miss something in the news?

Oh, and you wouldn't happen to by r probst the racecar driver would you?!