Ford Fusion Energi Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NYT talks about the "Hybrid Sweet Spot"
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:27 pm 

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/09/autom ... d=all&_r=0

Really a great article for you folks here at the Fusion Energi Forum.

It talks about the general hybrid market and where everyone is trying to find themselves - even mentions the Telsa as a point of topic.

Post subject: Re: NYT talks about the "Hybrid Sweet Spot"
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:01 am 

StanTheMan wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/09/automobiles/autoreviews/aiming-for-the-hybrids-sweet-spot.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

It talks about the general hybrid market and where everyone is trying to find themselves - even mentions the Telsa as a point of topic.

Nytimes is always a great read, thx for posting this Stan.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:45 am 

StanTheMan wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/09/automobiles/autoreviews/aiming-for-the-hybrids-sweet-spot.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Tesla? I've read several articles in the Fusion Energi Forum that suggests that Tesla is out of the race.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:58 am 

Nice read, StanTheMan. Thanks for posting to the Fusion Energi Forum.

I don't know if I'd say the Tesla is out of the race, but it is certainly running a different race. So, in that sense, I'm glad it's out of contention in this medium-sized market. The Tesla is a sports car, bigger battery, and (honestly) bigger footprint - which is somewhat counter productive in the whole "growing green" initiative.

It's nice to see Ford making some options available to middle-class and lower class Americans that want to consider their impact on the environment and their wallet at the same time.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:55 am 

I really liked this paragraph.

"After the switch from E.V. to hybrid operation, there is an obvious sign that hydrocarbons are powering the Fusion: the planted feel on the road now takes on a sporty quality. It becomes a fun family cruiser, especially shining on the highway, territory not usually associated with E.V. prowess."

I think many people think of an electric as a slower car. I find them to be a lot of fun. Sure, it's not an Aston Martin, but it is a car, through and through.

Big fan of the Ford Fusion Energi.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:45 am 

StanTheMan wrote:

"After the switch from E.V. to hybrid operation, there is an obvious sign that hydrocarbons are powering the Fusion: the planted feel on the road now takes on a sporty quality. It becomes a fun family cruiser, especially shining on the highway, territory not usually associated with E.V. prowess."

I think many people think of an electric as a slower car. I find them to be a lot of fun. Sure, it's not an Aston Martin, but it is a car, through and through.

Now that you mention it, since driving the Tesla Model S I have been convinced that EVs can be an even better drive than cars like the Aston Martin, AMGs and the rest. Because EVs have certain advantages like a very very explosive start(go kart like) and a very low center of gravity which allows you to really take control of the car.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:21 am 

cosby wrote:
StanTheMan wrote:

Now that you mention it, since driving the Tesla Model S I have been convinced that EVs can be an even better drive than cars like the Aston Martin, AMGs and the rest. Because EVs have certain advantages like a very very explosive start(go kart like) and a very low center of gravity which allows you to really take control of the car.

Well it wasn't declared the best car ever made. Even though I'm still in awe as to how they came tom that conclusion?