Ford Fusion Energi Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2013 Ford Fusion Energi First Review: Professional Plug-in
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:39 am 

The greenest member of the automaker's midsize sedan family, the 2013 Ford Fusion Energi has now begun rolling into the automaker's 900+ EV-certified showrooms. It offers the most fuel-efficient take to date of the automaker's smartly styled midsize sedan, but like all plug-in players, that frugality does come at both a price and a cost. A recent encounter with a top-line Titanium-spec version provided some insight regarding the plusses and minuses involved in making one your daily driver.
A view from the curb
If you like the look of the basic 2013 Ford Fusion, you'll feel right at home in the new Energi variant. Save for unique alloy wheels and an external charge port, there's little visible exterior differentiation. Like the Hybrid, it too boasts active grille shutters and full underbody fairings that enhance its wind-cheating prowess. Inside, only subtle tweaks set the Energi apart from a standard Fusion. The most prominent differences are its Hybrid-style dedicated dash display that provides information on various battery usage/regenerative aspects of the system, plus mode buttons on the console that allow a driver to select how and when the gas/electric power sources will be used.
The power within
The Fusion Energi is fitted with the same drivetrain found in Ford's C-MAX Energi crossover: a naturally aspirated 141-horsepower/2.0-liter 4-cylinder Atkinson cycle gasoline engine teamed with the automaker's PowerSplit eCVT automatic transmission that incorporates a 118-horsepower electric motor/generator system. Like the C-MAX, this combo develops 188 horsepower in sustained mode or 195 ponies in deplete mode when you start out with a fully charged battery pack and can propel the car using either or both power sources. As for torque, the engine makes 129 lb-ft while the traction motor/generator develops 117 lb-ft.

http://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-lat ... 000009329/

Post subject: Re: 2013 Ford Fusion Energi First Review: Professional Plug-
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:57 am 

I didn't know that Ford Fusion Energi had the same drive-train as C-max, I thought that Fusion had a better one for some reason.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:28 am 

cosby wrote:
I didn't know that Ford Fusion Energi had the same drive-train as C-max, I thought that Fusion had a better one for some reason.

But Ford Fusion has a lot more advanced components on top so It doesn't really matter that the drivetrain is the same as the C-max one, Fusion tops him in every regard in my personal opinion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:38 pm 

cosby wrote:

Fusion Energi and C-max differ in everything else. I think its really tough to compare the two cars.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:04 pm 

I agree. I keep telling friends the Ford Fusion Energi is kinda like the big brother to the C-Max Energi. For many people, I think, the C-Max is just enough of a car, but if you want and need more bells and whistles it's not a huge price jump to get them in the Ford Fusion Energi.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:22 pm 

BobbyJoe wrote:
I agree. I keep telling friends the Ford Fusion Energi is kinda like the big brother to the C-Max Energi. For many people, I think, the C-Max is just enough of a car, but if you want and need more bells and whistles it's not a huge price jump to get them in the Ford Fusion Energi.

I apsolutely agree with you except for one thing it's not only bells and whistles it's style and comfort that Ford Fusion is selling