Ford Fusion Energi Warranty
There’s been much discussion in cyber space about the Ford Fusion Hybrid and Ford Fusion Energi and what warranty Ford will offer on them.
Here’s a collection of some mis-information, and examples of confusion surrounding the different Fusion Energi and Hybrid specific models.
Basic warranty is listed as 3 years or 36,000 miles, with the drivetrain listed as having a 5yr/60,000mile warranty. MotorTrend also lists a Rust warranty listed as being 5 years regardless of miles on the Fusion Energi. Both the 2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium and the 2013 Ford Fusion Energi SE are listed with those details.
AutoBlogGreen lists the battery warrant as 8 year/100,000 miles on the battery components and no info on any other of the warranty options.
Right on the Ford Fusion Energi page, Ford ha a footnote that says ‘visit Ford.com for full warranty information.’ When we finally found the warranty information, we were greeted with 2 options – 2013 Fusion Warranty, or 2013 Fusion Hybrid Warranty. We went with the 2013 Fusion Hybrid Warranty and when we opened it, the first page had a title that said 2013 Model Year Ford Hybrid Car and Electric Vehicle Warranty Guide – I guess it’s not specific to the Fusion Hybrid or the Fusion Energi!
What it did say
The 2013 Fusion Energi warranty covers:
- bumper to bumper for 2 years or 36,000 miles
- Powertrain for 5 years or 60,000 miles
- Safety Restraint System for 5 years or 60,000 miles
- Corrosion (Perforation only) is for 5 years, unlimited miles
- and the Hybrid/Electric unique components are warrantied for 8 years/100,000 miles. This would include the batteries, electric motors, regenerative braking components, etc.